Saturday, January 10, 2009

Haircuts!!!!!

We went to Miss Allison's to get our hairs cut. I went first. And then Annie. And then Ellie. Ellie, like the rest of us, had picked a picture out of a magazine to base her hairstyle on. Her's had bangs. I was nervous. I kept asking if she was sure that that is what she wanted. She replied, 'I am ready to look different from Annie!' I confess to having mixed emotions. On the one hand, I love having identical twins. On the other hand, I have always encouraged them to explore their individuality. Pride for my independent daughter won out!!!!! They still look similar, but somehow they are cuter than ever, sporting their new dos. I am pleased that they know what they want, impressed that they know how to express it, and thoroughly proud of myself for digging deep and honoring my promise to myself to let them be themselves, even when it is emotional!!!!

Annie's new cut.

Identical? No more!

Beautiful? No matter how they choose to express themselves!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: